In my school, I'm currently in the greatest class known to man. It is called we the people. We recently had a regional competition at our Capital near the Capital building. What happens is the judges ask each unit a question (total of 6 units per "team" or school) and we respond reciting a 4 minute essay, and then get asked follow up questions for 6 minutes and we answer as a unit based on court cases, the Constitution, federalists papers, and basically anything we know in that 10 minutes. Then we are judged at the end. Before the competition, each unit had to memorize 3 essays for 3 questions and then at the competition we only answer one question. My unit is Unit 4, all about Congress, the executive branch, and federalism. My unit (consists of 3 people) WON THE UNIT 4 AWARD OUT OF ALL THE SCHOOLS COMPETING! We're off to states! I'm actually doubling up at states so not only am I on Unit 4, but I'm also on Unit 2. Time to write/memorize 6 more essays. I'M SO PUMPED!!
 |
| My Unit 4 Team |
 |
| The entire team. |
YAY Nat!! That's awesome. It's so fun to be involved in something like that. It's great to learn more about the constitution and our government. Maybe you're our future president?? :)
ReplyDeleteThis is great Natalie. I am so proud of your courage to do this. It sounds a lot like debate. That always scared me because you had to think on your feet and remember what you had studied.
ReplyDeleteLooking so professional Natalie! Sounds like great experience, debate always made me nervous too.
ReplyDeleteNatalie you are just the complete package! You're so talented in so many areas. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteI love that you are doing We The People also! I remember seeing all these kinds of photos with Brooke. So have you done the states competition yet?
ReplyDeleteThis is so amazing Natalie ! One smart girl and hard worker.
ReplyDelete