Monday, December 8, 2014

The Messiah

Tyler, Sami and I are singing The Messiah in a community choir tonight at 7:00 at Westlake High School in Saratoga Springs. 

It's been a wonderful experience practicing the last 12 weeks. It's been especially great getting to sing next to my Sami!  She's an alto with me and has learned this difficult piece of music and sounds awesome!  It really makes me so happy getting to sing by her and see her love for music grow.

We are so blessed to have a loving Heavenly Father who has given us the gift of music. It's so powerful! 

Just an update. We had such a great time performing! Everything went as planned.  Thank you for all the support!  It's a night I'll always remember.

7 comments:

  1. I'm planning on coming with Mom and Dad. I love the music from The Messiah. It's fun that you could be in it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually sing each year, but just was too busy this year. I didn't even get to go see it. :(. I sing alto too...we can all sing together one year. Enjoy the beautiful spirit. What a great experience to sing it standing next to Sami.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still remember singing alto in high school to this and I loved it. I wish we could come see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann Stokes: We just got back from The Messiah. Tyler, Heather and Sami were awesome. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The music is wonderful! I loved especially "For Unto Us a Child is Born" and "Hallelujah Chorus." Thanks to the Slacks for singing in such a great concert!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! For 12 weeks? When I did it I think I went to one or 2 practices and then performed....but it is absolutely beautiful! That will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I was able to come and see it. I have never been to a performance of the Messiah. I know a couple of the songs but not the whole thing. Such a fun thing to do together.

    ReplyDelete