Sunday, January 4, 2015

I Love My Family



I don't know how much you all were affected by the Miracle in Parley's, but I have been truly affected in a way that I cannot quite explain. I know that I have to put all of my trust and faith in God that He knows what is best for us all and that we are not in control. I know that we need to live each life to the fullest and not take anything for granted, especially family. We need to live more fully, love more deeply and be grateful for everything showing Him by serving Him. I love my Father in Heaven and am so grateful for the challenges He has us each face, as Elder Scott in October 2014 General Conference says, "We came to mortal life precisely to grow from trials and testing. Challenges help us become more like our Father in Heaven, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes it possible to endure those challenges. I testify that as we actively come unto Him, we can endure every temptation, every heartache, every challenge we face." I am grateful to our Savior and for the atoning sacrifice He made for each of us so we will be able to face those challenges, endure to the end and come unto Him in all things. 

I want all of you to know how much I love you and how grateful I am to have you all in my life. I have lived away from all of you for so long, and as the years go by I am continually reminded how much each of you means to me and how much I love you all. I pray every day that one day I will live closer and be able to spend more time with you, but until then, I really want you to all know we pray for all of you, we wish for the best for all of you, we can't wait to hear from all of you, we love to Skype in craziness with all of you. Life gets so busy, but let us all remember what matters most.  Family, the Lord knows it, and He wants us all to be able to be together as families with Him forever and not settle for anything less. I want you all to know that I try to live my life every day the best I know how so I can live for eternity with you all one day. You all mean the world to me, I miss you guys more then you will ever know. My kids love you all and cannot wait to see all of you this summer where we can just be together and LOVE in each other's company.  Thank you for being amazing and for setting great examples for me to follow. I am so grateful to mom and dad and for them paving the wonderful way for all of us to follow. They live their lives as Disciples of Christ in everything they do and are such amazing examples to all of us. Thank you for everything you both have taught me. I am so priviledged to have been born into the family that was. As I see everyone around me out here in NH I am so grateful to be born into the covenant and to have been taught so young who I am, to have the ability to teach my children who they are...Children of God, He loves us and we will never be alone, He will always be there for us to watch over and protect us in all that we do. I do not think there is anything greater that we can teach our children! To know they are Children of God. Thank you mom and dad for giving this knowledge to me. It has made me live my life in a way that makes me want to serve others because I love them...serve God because I love Him. I feel His love all around me in everything I do. I look forward to many wonderful years ahead with all of you and to live our lives to the fullest together.

I love you all with every fiber of my being and just cannot express really how I feel in any other words...I just do.
Love forever and always for eternity,
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Kelly I really appreciate this beautiful post of the love of your family. I definitely feel the same. Obviously the miracle in Parley's has been a life changing experience for me. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that has allowed me to stay on the earth longer to be with my family. I am so, so grateful for the knowledge of eternal families. Especially when I think of the three of us leaving Tyler what a comfort it is to know we would see him again after this life. We are so blessed to have the knowledge of this gospel here on earth. I have learned not to take advantage of it. I need to be living my life with purpose now. Heavenly Father needs me and He needs all of us. Please get your lives in order and be ready to do whatever is asked of you. We are here for eachother. I love all of you very much! Thank you so much for the love and support you have given us this last week. It's been very comforting. Now let's get going and make 2015 a fantastic year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you too Kelly, and everyone. I too felt the absolute anguish in thinking what it would be like if we lost any family member. We are so blessed, and especially blessed to be sealed together for eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Kelly, for your testimony. It is so pleasing, as a parent, to see you express your testimony with such eloquence and passion. That is the testimony that the Holy Ghost has given me and the reason I do what I do and live how I live. I taught a lesson on the final judgement a couple of weeks ago. I stated that I hoped I had sufficient witness to qualify me for outer darkness. Meaning that I will be able to withstand all the trials that may come and live to qualify for the Highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom, relying on the Grace of Christ, "after all I can do". I love all the members of this family and know we can be together for ever. The Heather & family experience let me know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. We pray for all of your safety and success every day.

    ReplyDelete