Natalie and I went for a run around town the other day. The sidewalks were super icy and Nat actually had to stop quick and slipped and fell. This is us in front of the river that is FROZEN SOLID. Winter is rough for me lately. The super cold is really hard to deal with. I don't know what it is, but Kevin and I have a race coming up on Valentine's day in Martha's Vineyard and I am having a really hard time training for it. It is a 20 mile relay, at least I only need to run half of it. We love this weekend. We go down every year with friends and go to our favorite restaurant the night before, The Black Dog, and stay in one of our favorite hotels, The Mansion House. I am looking forward more to just getting away for the weekend. But I probably should train a little more for the race. It is so hard to run in the cold these days. Thank goodness Natalie wants to run with me.
Our driveway is an ice rink. My suburban slides around every single time I pull out. We have to walk really carefully and hope we don't slip. We won't be seeing the actual asphalt on it for at least another two months. Now I know why people have heated driveways. It is just crazy cold here.
School is going well. We are learning to keep budgets and build spreadsheets which is super cool. I enjoyed meeting with people each week and discussing life.
The kids are in finals this week and are excited to start a new semester. Zachary has basketball on the freshman team and Natalie is going to play practices weekly for her part as Pinocchio in Shrek. Carley has her very first piano recital tonight. She is pretty nervous. Kevin and I rarely see each other but are just making things work at this crazy busy time in our lives and loving every minute of it. I can understand why Brooke wants and misses the cold but right now I really wish I was with her in Nicaragua.
Life gets crazier and crazier but more fun every day. We have some new and exciting things to look forward to for 2015. I just need to make it through this cold weather first.
I hope everyone is enjoying their winters, Cami I am super jealous of yours. Give all of your kids hugs and kisses from us. We can't wait for the summer when we can see all of you.

oh it does look cold there. I love having the mild weather again after 8 years of freezing. We get just enough snow but it doesn't stay too long and the best part is NO WIND!! I am starting to itch for spring to come. I am just so excited to go to all the parks around us.
ReplyDeleteNatalie has the best part in Shrek! I think Pinocchio is hilarious. Is she going to do the high voice and everything? I love that musical. The songs are so fun! Let your freak flag fly!
ReplyDeleteIt looks so cold there but I think anyone who runs in the freezing cold is a little nuts. That's gotta get to your core temp and make it harder to get warm. Brrrrr! Hopefully it's not as cold on race day. Sounds like your family is doing great! You guys are an awesome sports family!
I need to get a video of all these plays! You guys and ice, you are crazy to even think about running! I have been doing zumba on youtube and it is the best, so much fun. You guys look so cute in your picture though, doesn't look like you're cold!
ReplyDelete